Car Battery Replacement at your home
Our certified mechanics come to you · Backed by 12-month / 20,000 km gold standard warranty program.
8AM - 6PM Monday to Saturday
Auto Battery Replacement Service
How much does a Auto Battery Replacement cost?
Typically, car battery replacement cost ranges between $300-$400, including installation cost. The price varies on the size of the battery – commonly the larger the engine, the larger and more expensive the battery. German vehicles commonly have larger batteries or batteries installed under the seat and the cost can go up to $600. Truck batteries are generally more expensive as well.
Fast and easy service at your home
Backed by 12-month, 20,000-km guarantee
How do Car Batteries work?
The car battery is what the car uses as a source of electrical power transmitted to the entire car and all of the electrical components (e.g. the starter motor, alternator, lights, radio, etc.). None of the electrical components in the car will function and the car will not start if the car's battery is not sufficiently charged or contains no charge at all. If your battery appears to have lost its charge, a good way to test it or recharge it is to conduct a battery boost.
When to replace your Auto Battery?
- Your car doesn’t start. A new battery has a definite capacity to provide power. This capacity is referred to as the cranking amps rating of the battery. The actual amps that a battery can supply become lower than its original rating as a battery ages. Once the cranking amps fall below a critical threshold, it will be hard or impossible to start your car.
- Battery or charging system warning light is illuminated. A mechanic must perform a few basic tests to pinpoint if a battery replacement is necessary when a battery or charging system warning light illuminate.
- Electrical components don’t work. Vehicle electrical components such as the security system can malfunction once a battery has started to fail, and the voltage produced by the battery drops. If you are experiencing electrical malfunctions, it’s a smart idea to have the battery tested.
How to change a Car Battery?
- A temporary power source might be installed to avoid the possibility of losing radio presets or stored data in the PCM while the battery is out. When the battery is already completely unusable, this step is not needed.
- The vehicle’s negative cable is detached from the battery, followed by the positive cable. The battery tie down system is loosened and the old battery will be taken out.
- Cable ends and wiring are carefully examined to ensure no corrosion and cleanliness. Corrosion can be extreme and cable replacement or wiring repair is necessary in some cases.
- The new battery is installed and the tie down system is reinstalled. Anti-corrosion compound is applied to the battery terminals. The positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- Some vehicles, like some models of BMW, VW, and Audi, may need PCM programming to input battery parameters. This step, achieved using a specialized scan tool, is essential to maximize battery life and avoid electrical system malfunctions.
- The car is started and charging system output is measured and compared against the factory OEM specification to guarantee that the new battery will properly recharge. In general, charging output will be in the range of 13.8 to 14.8 volts but the exact specifications depend by built and model.
Is it safe to drive with a battery problem?
Yes, however, if you have a weak battery you might be left stranded somewhere if the battery dies completely and you cannot start your car. A faulty battery may also unnecessarily overload the alternator and could badly affect the operation of the vehicle’s electrical system, including the vehicle security system and the shift interlock.
Car Battery Replacement Reviews
"The company responds within an hour and dispatches a mechanic shortly after with all the tools and parts required to repair the vehicle onsite."-GLOBE AND MAIL
Ram Car Battery Replacement
Pontiac Car Battery Replacement
Ford Car Battery Replacement
Geo Car Battery Replacement
GMC Car Battery Replacement
Lincoln Car Battery Replacement
Fiat Car Battery Replacement
Chevrolet Car Battery Replacement
Smart Car Battery Replacement
Toyota Car Battery Replacement
Mazda Car Battery Replacement
Mini Car Battery Replacement
Cadillac Car Battery Replacement
Porsche Car Battery Replacement
Local Car Battery Replacement in Your Area
Other Popular Services
Power Steering Fluid Leak
Power Steering Pump Replacement
Serpentine Belt Repair
Car Starter Not Working
Valve Cover Gasket Leak
Timing Belt Replacement