Car Battery Installation at your home
Our certified mechanics come to you · Backed by 12-month / 20,000 km gold standard warranty program.
8AM - 6PM Monday to Saturday
Car Battery Installation Service
Car battery installation cost
The Car battery installation cost is usually between $150 - $300. The battery size determines price as larger the engine the expensive will be the battery. German vehicles generally have bigger batteries or ones installed under the seat and the cost can increase up to $600. Truck batteries are usually more expensive for the same reason.
Fast and easy service at your home
Backed by 12-month, 20,000-km guarantee
What are car batteries and how do they work?
Cars use a source i.e battery to ensure electrical power running in the vehicles and all of the componentes like lights, radio, starter motor, and alternator. If the battery is not properly charged then none of these components can function, hence the car will not start. If you see your car’s battery has lost charge, the best way is to test or recharge it is to perform a battery boost. If the battery is dead, it will be difficult to take the car to the mechanic of course. But not with InstaMek, as we send our expert mechanic to your home or office (or wherever you car is) to perform car battery installation or replacement for you.
When to perform car battery installation?
- The first sign is when your car doesn't ignite. A new battery has certain capacity to provide power which is known as the cranking amps rating. With time, the amps that a battery can supply become lower than the original rating and once this rating decreases, it gets difficult to start the vehicle.
- Charging system warning light or battery is illuminated. When you see the battery light is illuminated, get the vehicle checked by a mechanic who will do some basic tests to see if the car battery requires servicing or repair.
- Electrical components stop working. Once the battery fails, the voltage also drops and the electrical components like security systems can malfunction. If you experience this malfunction, its recommend to get the battery checked.
How to change a car battery?
- You need to install a temporary power source to eliminate the possibility of losing stored data on the PCM as the battery is out. When the battery is dead completely, this step is not required.
- The negative cable of the vehicle is taken out from the battery followed by the positive cable. The tie down system is loosened and old battery is removed.
- Your mechanic will inspect the wiring and cable ends to make sure there is no corrosion. In several cases, corrosion can be so extreme that the cable has to be replaced and wiring repaired.
- The next step will be to perform a new car battery installation and reinstall the tie down system. On the battery terminals, an anti corrosion compound is then applied and the positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- A few vehicles like Audi, VW, and BMW may require PCM programming to inspect battery parameters. This step uses specialized scan tool and its essential to increase battery life and prevent malfunctions in electrical systems
- Next, the car is scanned and the mechanic measures the charging system outfit to compare it against the factory OEM specification, this ensures that the new car battery installation is proper. Mostly, charing output is in the range of 13.8 to 14.8 volts but the exact specifications vary by the model and make of the car.
Is it safe to drive with a battery problem?
It is safe but if your battery is weak, it can die anytime and you would be left stranded somewhere. A faulty battery also have the capability to overload the alternator needlessly and could adversely affect the running of electrical systems of the vehicle including the security and shift interlock.
Car Battery Installation Reviews
"The company responds within an hour and dispatches a mechanic shortly after with all the tools and parts required to repair the vehicle onsite."-GLOBE AND MAIL
Plymouth Car Battery Installation
Volkswagen Car Battery Installation
Land Rover Car Battery Installation
Tesla Car Battery Installation
Nissan Car Battery Installation
Buick Car Battery Installation
Honda Car Battery Installation
Ram Car Battery Installation
Pontiac Car Battery Installation
Ford Car Battery Installation
Geo Car Battery Installation
GMC Car Battery Installation
Lincoln Car Battery Installation
Fiat Car Battery Installation
Local Car Battery Installation in Your Area
Other Popular Services
Car Battery Repair
Engine Oil Change
Engine Oil Leak
Car Cranks But Won’T Start
Car Water Pump Problems
Car Engine Overheating Inspection