Car Battery Repair at your home
Our certified mechanics come to you · Backed by 12-month / 20,000 km gold standard warranty program.
8AM - 6PM Monday to Saturday
Car Battery Repair Service
Cost of Car Battery Repair
Car Battery Repair is performed when a fault occurs and this is normally an inexpensive process that costs around $150 - $300, including the cost of installing the battery. Battery cost goes up with the size, which means that a larger battery will be more expensive as compared to a smaller battery. Some batteries are installed under the seat, like in German vehicles; these batteries are nearly double the price of standard batteries; averaging approximately $600. Most German vehicles have larger batteries as compared to other vehicle manufacturers. Truck batteries are costlier as well because of their size.
Fast and easy service at your home
Backed by 12-month, 20,000-km guarantee
What are car batteries and how do they work?
Car Batteries provide a power source to the entire car. Furthermore, the battery also powers all the little components inside the car including the starter motor, the alternator, the headlights and much more. The car's battery needs to be sufficiently charged in order for the engine to start and the car to run. If the car battery is discharged then you can conduct car battery repairs by zap charging or jump starting the car.
If the Car Battery is totally dead then you’re usually in a bit of a tough spot because getting to a mechanic is difficult. However, instaMek makes this easier for you by dispatching a technician to your location for car battery repair on the spot.
When do you need car battery repair?
- Your engine won’t turn on. A new battery has a fixed capacity to provide power to the various appliances. This capacity is referred to as the cranking amps rating of the battery. As time goes on, the actual amps that a battery can supply decreases significantly. Once the cranking amps fall below a critical threshold, your car will not be able to start.
- Battery or charging system warning light shows up on the odometer. If a battery or charging system light shows up, a mechanic should perform a few basic tests to determine if battery repair is needed.
- Electrical components are faulty. Once a battery starts degrading, and the voltage produced by the battery drops, then vehicle electrical components can malfunction, such as the security system. If the components inside your car are malfunctioning then a car battery repair is needed immediately.
How to repair a car battery?
- While the battery is disconnected, some data can be lost and to counteract this some intermediate power source should be used. However, if the battery is already dead, then this doesn’t need to be executed.
- The negative cable is detached from the battery, followed by the positive cable. The battery tie down system is loosened and the old battery is removed.
- Cable ends and wiring are scrutinized to ensure cleanliness and no corrosion. If the corrosion is a lot then the cable will need to be replaced as well as the wiring.
- The car battery repair is carried out and the repaired battery is installed and the tie down system is reinstalled. Anti-corrosion compound is applied to the battery terminals. The positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- Vehicles like Volkswagwen, BMW and Audi possibly require PCM programming to input the battery parameters. This step, performed using a specialized scan tool, is necessary to maximize battery life and prevent electrical system malfunctions.
- The car is started and charging system output is measured and compared against the factory OEM specification to ensure that the new battery will properly recharge. The charging output ranges between 13.8 and 14.6 volts, however exact specifications depend on the model.
Is it safe to drive with a battery problem?
It is safe to drive with a battery problem, however; it is highly not recommended as the battery can give in anytime and leave you in no man's land. A problematic battery may also needlessly overload the alternator and could adversely affect the operation of the vehicle’s electrical system, including the vehicle security system and the shift interlock.
Car Battery Repair Reviews
"The company responds within an hour and dispatches a mechanic shortly after with all the tools and parts required to repair the vehicle onsite."-GLOBE AND MAIL
Volkswagen Car Battery Repair
Land Rover Car Battery Repair
Tesla Car Battery Repair
Nissan Car Battery Repair
Buick Car Battery Repair
Honda Car Battery Repair
Ram Car Battery Repair
Pontiac Car Battery Repair
Ford Car Battery Repair
Geo Car Battery Repair
GMC Car Battery Repair
Lincoln Car Battery Repair
Fiat Car Battery Repair
Chevrolet Car Battery Repair
Local Car Battery Repair in Your Area
Other Popular Services
Engine Oil Change
Engine Oil Leak
Car Cranks But Won’T Start
Car Water Pump Problems
Car Engine Overheating Inspection
Auto Battery Repair