Auto Battery Repair at your home
Our certified mechanics come to you · Backed by 12-month / 20,000 km gold standard warranty program.
8AM - 6PM Monday to Saturday
Auto Battery Repair Service
How much does a Auto Battery Repair cost?
Fast and easy service at your home
Backed by 12-month, 20,000-km guarantee
What are auto batteries and how do they work?
Auto batteries are used by cars as a course of electrical power that runs the electrical components of the system liketheradio, lights, alternator, starter motor, etc. If the auto battery is not charged sufficiently, then none of the components will function and the car will not start. If your battery appears to have lost the charge, you can carry out a battery boost to recharge it.
If the battery is dead, getting the car started and taking it to a mechanic will be a challenge. Luckily with InstaMek we send over our expert technicians to your place to perform auto battery repairs and other required services.
Sign your need Auto Battery Repair?
- Auto battery repair or replacement is definitely necessary if your car doesn't start. Every car has a specified battery to provide power and this capacity is known as amps rating. With time as the battery ages, the actual amps which the battery can supply decrease from their original state. When the cranking amps fall below a certain threshold it becomes difficult to start the vehicle.
- When you see charging system light illuminated. Should the charging system or battery light appear illuminated, a mechanic needs to be called immediately to perform basic tests in order to determine if auto battery repair or replacement is needed.
- When the electrical components stop working. Once a battery starts to fail and the voltage drops, the electrical components of the vehicle can malfunction like security systems. If you experience this issue, its recommended to get your battery tested and auto battery repair done.
How to perform Auto Battery Repair?
- A temporary source of power can be installed to avoid the possibility of losing stored data in the PCM when the battery fails. When the battery is entirely dead, this step is not necessary.
- The negative cable of the vehicle is removed from the battery, followed by the positive cable. The tie down system of the battery is loosened and the old batter is then removed.
- Wiring and cable ends are checked to ensure there is no corrosion. In several cases, corrosion can be extreme and the cable need to be replaced and with the wiring repaired.
- The battery is checked and repaired. Then the system is reinstalled. An anti corrosion compound is applied to the terminals of the battery. The positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- Some models like Audi, VW, and BMW require PCM programming to input battery parameters. This step is carried out by using a specialized scan tool and is essential in maximising battery life and prevent malfunctions in the electrical system.
- Output is measured by starting the vehicle and its compared against the factory OEM specification to make sure that the new battery is recharged properly. The charing output is generally in the range of 13.8 to 14.8 volts but the exact specifications vary by the type and model of the vehicle.
Is it safe to drive without Auto Battery problems?
You can drive but if you have a weak battery, there is a chance of your battery drying and you getting stranded somewhere. A damaged battery can also overload the alternator and can adversely affect the operation of the electrical system including the shift interlock and security system, hence auto battery repair is recommended.
Auto Battery Repair Reviews
"The company responds within an hour and dispatches a mechanic shortly after with all the tools and parts required to repair the vehicle onsite."-GLOBE AND MAIL
Ford Auto Battery Repair
Geo Auto Battery Repair
GMC Auto Battery Repair
Lincoln Auto Battery Repair
Fiat Auto Battery Repair
Chevrolet Auto Battery Repair
Smart Auto Battery Repair
Toyota Auto Battery Repair
Mazda Auto Battery Repair
Mini Auto Battery Repair
Cadillac Auto Battery Repair
Porsche Auto Battery Repair
Saturn Auto Battery Repair
Mercury Auto Battery Repair
Local Auto Battery Repair in Your Area
Other Popular Services
Coolant Light Flashing
Car Won’T Start Battery Good
Auto Battery Replacement
Car Won’T Start Clicking Noise
Engine Oil Flush